- Any medical or health advice provided and hosted on this site will only be given by medically trained and qualified professionals unless a clear statement is made that a piece of advice offered is from a non-medically qualified individual or organization.
- The information provided on this website is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her existing physician.
- The website aims to promote scientific research and dissemination of biomedical knowledge, supporting young researchers, developing projects for knowledge transfer to countries as well as solidarity groups of patients with rare diseases.
- The website is addressed to a wide audience: patients, families, medical and scientific staff and all those interested in receiving information on the diseases being studied and initiatives promoted by Chiesi Foundation.
- Confidentiality of data relating to individual patients and visitors to a medical/health Web site, including their identity, is respected by this website. The Web site owners undertake to honour or exceed the legal requirements of medical/health information privacy that apply in the country and state where the Web site and mirror sites are located.
- Where appropriate, information contained on this site will be supported by clear references to source data and, where possible, have specific HTML links to that data. The date when a clinical page was last modified will be clearly displayed (e.g. at the bottom of the page).
- The website does not contain infromation related to specific medical treatments, commercial products or other services.
- The designers of this website will seek to provide information in the clearest possible manner and provide contact addresses for visitors that seek further information or support. The Webmaster will display his/her E-mail address clearly throughout the Web site.
- The construction site is funded entirely by the Chiesi Foundation, the site is not financed through banner advertising or public corporations or private.
- If advertising is a source of funding it will be clearly stated. A brief description of the advertising policy adopted by the Web site owners will be displayed on the site. Advertising and other promotional material will be presented to viewers in a manner and context that facilitates differentiation between it and the original material created by the institution operating the site.