In 2011 we began to finance three projects selected after the publication of a notice:
- Role of the adrenomedullin in the treatment of respiratory distress syndrome, University of Catania.
- Broncho-chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in smoking subjects: identification of molecular markers pro-inflammatory and molecules with anti-inflammatory activity, University of Ferrara.
- Polymorphisms of the adrenergic receptors and muscarinic cholinergic in the pathophysiology of COPD, Hospital Sant’Andrea in Rome.
Two further funding has been provided, in particular to:
- Scholarship on the topic Online Patient Community: processes of knowledge sharing and construction of “good practices” in the management of health and care, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Milan.
- PhD Program in International Neonatology, Hospital Cesare Arrigo in Alessandria-Universita of Utrecht and Maastricht.