The Chiesi Foundation is the owner of the website.
- Any medical or health advice provided and hosted on this site will only be given by medically trained and qualified professionals unless a clear statement is made that a piece of advice offered is from a non-medically qualified individual or organization.
- The information provided on this site is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her existing physician.
- The site aims to promote scientific research and dissemination of biomedical knowledge, supporting young researchers, developing projects for knowledge transfer to countries in developing projects as well as solidarity groups of patients with rare diseases.
- The site is aimed at a wide audience: patients, families, medical and scientific staff and all those interested in receiving information on the disease being studied and initiatives promoted by the Chiesi Foundation.
- Confidentiality of data relating to individual patients and visitors to a medical/health web site, including their identity, is respected by the website. The website owners undertake to honour or exceed the legal requirements of medical/health information privacy that apply in the country and state where the web site and mirror sites are located.
- Where appropriate, information contained on this site will be supported by clear references to source data and, where possible, have specific Html links to that data. The date when a clinical page was ;ast modified will be clearly displayed on the page (Media).
- The website does not contain allegations of specific medical treatments, commercial products or other services.
- The designer of this website seek to provide information in the clearest possible manner and provide contact addresses for visitors that seek further information or support. The webmaster will display his/her e-mail address clearly throughout the web site.
- The construction site is funded entirely by the Chiesi Foundation, the site is not financed through banner advertising or public corporations or private.
- The site does not accept advertising from outside companies, public or private; the advertising/banners are related initiatives, activities or projects supported directly by the Chiesi Foundation or its partners.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: